What is TAGLUS PREMIUM
It is the most advanced and unique aligner material. The perfect blend of elasticity, clarity, and rigidity, makes it the undisputed winner in its class. It is custom engineered to satisfy the complex needs of orthodontists and patients.
Superior material properties and enhanced esthetics
- Most “clear” aligner sheets.
- A perfect blend of rigidity and elasticity ensures sustained forces; leading to faster tooth movement, reduced treatment time and enables to treat a variety of cases with confidence and predictability of the outcome.
- Crack resistant and durable material available for aligner fabrication.
- Absolute assurance that product will show minimal discoloration or yellowing with use
- BPA free
- Available in a wide variety of thickness and shapes and sizes
- Masked on both sides with an ultra-thin, peel away layer of moisture barrier protective covering.
- Shelf life: 03 years subject to non-opening of vacuum-packed packaging.
- Excellent bond to all types of heat and light-cured resins.
- Extensive global distribution
In applications where plastic films are designed to withstand orthodontic forces in an aligner, the mechanical properties of polymers namely Strength, Stiffness & Toughness play a vital role.
Such properties of Taglus premium sheets when investigated using standardized test methods, e.g.
tensile stress as per ASTM D 638: 2014 by briefly applying load in one direction the approximate results and values observed during such test, demonstrate that Taglus Premium is a unique balance of rigidity with elasticity.
The test was performed by an NABL accredited Laboratory complying with ISO/IEC 17025 Laboratory Management System.
TENSILE MODULUS OF ELASTICITY
Tensile Modulus, or Youngs Modulus, widely known as the tendency of an object to deform along an axis when opposing forces are applied along that axis; and defined as the ratio of tensile stress to tensile strain. TAGLUS Premium sheets having a very high tensile modulus of approximately upto 2610 MPa, tested as per ASTM D638:2014 makes it the best crack free aligners and retainers.
The photographs of Taglus Premium when compared with other PU based aligner sheets shows a noticeable difference in the clarity of the object placed at a distance from the sheet. Taglus Premium has highest clarity in its class.
Taglus Premium is manufactured by the addition of special grade glycol to PET (polyethylene terephthalate glycol). This gives it three distinct advantages over its competitors:
- Elimination of the hazing effect that occurs during heating.
- Prevention of undesired crystallization.
- The inner walls of the aligner and retainer are transformed into a softer, more comfortable material for the patient.
The raw material used to manufactur TAGLUS is compiled in accordance with various agencies worldwide as follows:
Taglus Premium sheet have passed biocompatibility testing namely Skin Sensitization, in vitro Cytotoxicity and Skin Irritation test as a regulatory requirement for demonstrating the preclinical safety of medical devices, this is evaluated in accordance with the standard guideline, published by the US FDA” Use of InternationalStandard ISO 10993-1, “Biological evaluation of medical devices – Part 1: Evaluation and testing within arisk management process” which can be assessed at https://www.fda.gov/media/85865/download, issued on September 4th 2020 and originally published on 16th June 2016.
MiniSTAR / BioSTAR are trademarks of Scheu Dental Technology. Drufomat Scan is trademark of Dreve Dentamid. Erkodent is
registered trademark of ERKODENT Erich Kopp GmbH. TRACK -V from FORESTADENT – Bernhard Foerster GmbH
1) Pressure should be set ABOVE 4 Bars. Temperature is at MACHINE default.
2) Taglus Sheets are protected by masking sheets on both sides, remove the protective sheets AFTER thermoforming and finishing
3) Above times are general guidelines only as each individual machine acts slightly different
4) If the plastic does not adapt well to the model, add or reduce 5 seconds to heating time until the result is ideal.
5) If plastic forms folds, results in NOT clear tray OR shows bubble formation, recalibrate your heating element or reduce heating time until the result is ideal.
6) For any and ALL clinical and Lab related questions, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Taglus premium is made specifically for aligner fabrication. It may create a gentle but consistent force leading to a tooth movement of approximately up to 0.25 mm per aligner in 7 to 15 days depending on the recommendation of certified Orthodontics. The predictability in alignment along with clear appearance makes it the finest aesthetic teeth alignment solution.
Its crack resistance along with the perfect blend of elasticity with rigidity makes it the retainer material of choice. It can be precisely adapted during thermoforming. The final product is ultra-clear, durable, and stain-resistant leading to excellent patient acceptance.
Due to its property of binding to all types of light and heat cured acrylics and the ability to adapt precisely to the model under pressure it is a very popular material used to fabricate surgical splints. Moreover, splints made from thermoformed Taglus premium have greater stability and consistently high quality due to zero curing shrinkage.