What are Taglus Titanium Blanks?
Taglus Titanium™ Blanks are made of titanium alloys specifically Grade 5 ELI adhering to ASTM F 136 standards, with micro structure made of primary alpha in transformed beta matrix with no alpha grain boundaries, suitable for the manufacture of bridge structures, complex structures on implants, overdentures and implant abutments.
It is an alpha-beta alloy with superior physical and mechanical properties rendering it as the metal of choice for dental use. Their wide spectrum of properties ensures comfortable and long term use without distortion or side effects.
It presents characteristics of biocompatibility, lightness & purity with outstanding machinability, it’s the best metal present on the market for medical use.
- Taglus titanium Blanks offer outstanding machinability and are hence easy to mill
- They are Fully Compatible with mostly all CAD/CAM milling machines
- They are an ideal choice for production of superstructures, bars, abutments and partial dentures
- They have a well bonding with Ceramics
- Excellent Biocompatibility: Well tolerated by oral tissues and is also nickel & beryllium free hence is non allergienic
- Highly Corrosion resistant hence is suited in oral environment and is unaffected by oral fluids.
- It has Low thermal conductivity and low density
- It is Light weight and hence can be used for extensive frameworks
- Allows conventional cementation
The ultimate tensile strength (UTS) is a material’s maximum resistance to fracture. The UTS for for Taglus Titanium Blanks is 952 MPa thereby depicting excellent strength.
The yield strength is defined as the stress at which a predetermined amount of permanent deformation occurs. The yield strength for for Taglus Titanium Blanks is 864 MPa making it viable to withstand high stress.
Vickers hardness test method, also referred to as a microhardness test method, is method used to test the hardness of metals to indentation. The Vickers hardness for Taglus Titanium Blanks is 330HV5/30.
Titanium – 89.4 %
Vandium – 4%
Aluminium – 6.25%
Nitrogen, Carbon, Hydrogen, Iron, Oxygen – < 0.2%
Ultimate Tensile Strength -952 MPa
Yield Strength – 863 MPa
Vickers Hardness – 330HV5/30
Density – 4.4g/cm2
Elongation – 15 to 18%
Reduction of Area ( RA) – 45%
CTE (20-600DegreeC)-10.3-6 x K-1
Partial Denture Framework
Crowns & copings
Ideal for the production of superstructures, bars, abutments and partial dentures
Easy to mill with perfect milling results
Excellent bonding with ceramics for titanium