What is TAGLUS TUFF
Taglus Tuff is a patent pending material developed by engineers and researchers with years of experience in the dental industry. Developed using our industry’s leading state-of-the-art technology and manufacturing processes, this material is the best retainer material available in the market.
Revolutionary engineered plastic for Retainers
The finest crack-free retainer material custom engineered for superior strength, toughness, and comfort.
- Custom engineered for superior strength and toughness along with excellent flexibility, making it the ultimate crack-resistant retainer material.
- Ultra-clear with the highest level of transparency.
- Excellent fit, smooth surface, and comfortable for wear as Orthodontic retainers.
- Available in a wide variety of patterns, and sizes. Can be customized as per requirement.
- Masked on both sides with an ultra-thin, peel away layer of protective covering.
- Shelf life: 03 years subject to non-opening of vacuum packed packaging.
- Free of BPA, Can be used to fabricate appliances like retainers, night guards, sports mouth guards, and temporary bridges in the anterior segment.
The unique balance of mechanical properties makes Taglus Tuff Sheets superior in strength as well as toughness, making it an ideal material for long term retainers. The retainers fabricated out of this material remain crack-free even after prolonged use in ideal cases.
The properties of Taglus Tuff sheets when investigated using standardized test methods, e.g. tensile stress as per ASTM D 638: 2014 by briefly applying load in one direction the approximate results and values observed during such test, demonstrate that Taglus Tuff sheets is a unique balance of strength
The test was performed by an NABL accredited Laboratory complying with ISO/IEC 17025 Laboratory Management System.
Tensile Modulus MPa
Tensile Modulus, or Youngs Modulus, widely known as the tendency of an object to deform along an axis when opposing forces are applied along that axis; it is defined as the ratio of tensile stress to tensile strain. TAGLUS Premium having a very high tensile modulus of approximately upto 1872MPa, tested as per ASTM D638:2014 makes it the best comfortable aligners and retainers.
The photographs of Taglus Tuff when compared with other PU based aligner sheets shows a noticeable difference in the clarity of the object placed at a distance from the sheet. Taglus Tuff has highest clarity in its class.
The uni-axially oriented amorphous structure has polymer chains locked together in a specific lattice structure. This leads to the formation of Taglus Tuff, which is a ground-breaking material superior to regular PETG materials. It has an optimum blend of durability, excellent flexibility, and rigidity along with the highest load-carrying capacity making it the most crack-resistant retainer material. It is specifically designed for orthodontic post-treatment retainers.
Taglus Tuff is *Patent Pending* in India
The raw material used to manufactur TAGLUS is compiled in accordance with various agencies worldwide as follows:
Taglus Tuff sheet have passed biocompatibility testing namely Skin Sensitization, in vitro Cytotoxicity and Skin Irritation test as a regulatory requirement for demonstrating the preclinical safety of medical devices, this is evaluated in accordance with the standard guideline, published by the US FDA” Use of InternationalStandard ISO 10993-1, “Biological evaluation of medical devices – Part 1: Evaluation and testing within arisk management process” which can be assessed at https://www.fda.gov/media/85865/download, issued on September 4th 2020 and originally published on 16th June 2016.
The Taglus tuff material sheet is covered on both sides with an ultra-thin layer of protective covering. This peel-away masking does not get removed during thermoforming procedure. It shields the retainer from getting exposed to dust and other substances that can affect its surface. Thus the optical clarity is preserved forming an ultra-clear final product.
Such key properties make Taglus tuff durable with an excellent combination of flexibility, rigidity, and load-bearing capacity of the highest degree. Taglus tuff is comfortable for use being more pliable with low flexural strength without compromising the necessary elasticity and rigidity for achieving the needed results for long term clear orthodontic retainers.
MiniSTAR / BioSTAR are trademarks of Scheu Dental Technology. Drufomat Scan is trademark of Dreve Dentamid. Erkodent is
registered trademark of ERKODENT Erich Kopp GmbH. TRACK -V from FORESTADENT – Bernhard Foerster GmbH
1) Pressure should be set ABOVE 4 Bars. Temperature is at MACHINE default.
2) Taglus Sheets are protected by masking sheets on both sides, remove the protective sheets AFTER thermoforming and finishing
3) Above times are general guidelines only as each individual machine acts slightly different
4) If the plastic does not adapt well to the model, add or reduce 5 seconds to heating time until the result is ideal.
5) If plastic forms folds, results in NOT clear tray OR shows bubble formation, recalibrate your heating element or reduce heating time until the result is ideal.
6) For any and ALL clinical and Lab related questions, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org registered
1) A lot of orthodontists and clinicians are turning to Taglus tuff as their most preferred material of choice for removable retainers used after competition of orthodontic treatment – either using standard bracket and wire or clear aligners. Teeth are precisely and reliably retained giving consistent results. Being the most crack-resistant material, your patients do not experience breakage and get a durable retainer, with a comfortable fit and superior esthetics. Thus you provide your patients with tremendous quality, value, and a cost-effective solution, which translates to high patient cooperation and satisfaction.
2) Taglus Tuff can also be used to fabricate night guards and mouth guards. Its high material properties make it an effective and durable treatment option.